Monday, 10 November 2008

Speaking Practice


There are four key skills to learn a language: listening, speaking, reading and writing. One of those is different from the three it’s the speaking. The other three you can do it alone, you can listen to music alone, read a news paper alone and write a letter alone without anyone else. But you can't speak alone!!
On that way you should find somebody to speak with.
In my country the second language is English. These days you can't get a good job without English certificate. At school you should study English subject.
So when I was at school I practice speaking English with my teacher or with my friends, if the teacher will ask me a question in the class ill answer as much as I can, they teach as to don’t worry about the mistakes. Just speak.
When I went to the University I was studying in Malaysia, so all the subjects in English and I was practicing with my friend no chance to speak with the lecturer, they were busy all the time :p
In the University this days I am not practicing much speaking with my classmates or the teacher, don’t ask me why, but what I feel I just write it down.
I can say that also I am practicing speaking when I go out for shopping, ill ask the person about the products that interest me in the shop even if I don’t want to buy anything, ill just speak.
Sometimes when I am in the mood to listen English songs, ill write the words of the song what am listen to it , then ill play the song again and ill repeat the words as many as possible until they become automatic.
I love to speak, even with people I don’t know them, and ill talk about anything happened around us, it depends to the person, so no anyone ill speak to. Here in London a bit strict, they don’t have time to
I'm not afraid to speak, I know I make lots of mistakes but no one will learn without mistakes. There is a saying my father love to say it to us: "The person who never made a mistake, never made anything".
When I know I have made a mistake I know that I have made a progress.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jumana

    That's excellent self-study- I know sometimes people can be a bit busy and not friendly enough here, but it's really good that you're trying to practise as much as you can

    Well done

    Alex

    ReplyDelete