Thursday, 20 November 2008
Plagiarism and Referencing
Yesterday I opened Metranet and I decide to learn more about the plagiarism and referencing. I choose the subject area what I'm interest in ((English and American Studies)) I learnt more things and now I know more about plagiarism. And here a bit from what I've learnt and some notes I wrote from the present.
Plagiarism is using the words or ideas from another writer as if it's your own work, make the reader think that the words and ideas belong to you when it's not, that is definitely plagiarism. What I can say this is more than cheating, its crimes that stealing someone else work.
You should create your own work, you can use information from articles, books and internet for you essays, but you should provide a clear reference.
Better students write on their own words, ideas etc its helps to write better essays on the future and to develop their critical thinking skills and also to improve their general study skills.
Actually plagiarism stops you from learning.
People who plagiarism some of them they don’t manage their time or plan, some who didn’t care about the source information, some who didn’t complete the reference etc. Universities are very serious about plagiarism.
There is ways help not to plagiarism:
-Plan a head: Divide the process, "time for reading, thinking, writing, review"
-Key information to record: note down about all sources every time.
-take appropriate notes: the three main reasons to take notes: select, understand and remember.
-Reference correctly: you should make sure your reference correctly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment